Monday, February 10, 2014

(1.8) Day 9: Self and Peer Review

  •  Understand the goals of peer review
  •  Understand elements on which to comment in peer’s paper
  •     Understand what constitutes effective feedback
  •       Give effective feedback to a peer for the Unit 1 paper
  •       Reflect on your own writing for the Unit 1 paper

Warm-Up: Vocabulary Share (2-3 min)
Students presents

Part I: Quiz (15 min) 2:00-2:15
This brief quiz will be a basic review of the major content that has been covered thus far in the class. 


Part II: Peer Review Training (10-15 min) 2:15-2:30
This part of today's lecture is designed to help you provide more effective feedback for your peers. You can follow along here: Peer Review Training PPT


Part III: Peer/Self Review (45- 50 min) 2:30-3:20
For the last part of today's class, I will place you into pairs or small groups and have your complete the the following handout: Peer/Self Review Handout. I will be circulating for assistance.


[TIME PENDING]
If we have time today, I would like to have you take 5 minutes to complete this survey to help me understand how I am doing as a teacher. This information is anonomous and I will be the only one to read it. Please click on EARLY INFORMAL TEACHER FEEDBACK (see link under unit 1)

Homework: Check syllabus for due dates on assignments. 

Lesson Materials
Quiz (to be photocopied)
Peer/Self Review Handout

Supplemental Materials:
Practice with Transition Words (Swales and Feak)
Articles (Swales and Feak)
key

No comments:

Post a Comment