3.3 Refining Research Question and Outlining.
Students will learn:- To narrow topic scope so as to fit better into paper
- To create outlines that are appropriate for their paper topics
Student Presents word to class
Writer's Help Activity (10 min) 2:00-2:10
NARROW RESEARCH QUESTION activity (10 questions)
Part I: Review Refining our Research Question (10 min) 2:10-2:20
Please click on REFINING RESEARCH QUESTIONS and follow along as I review this important step to creating an effective research paper. I will then ask you to share your topic within small groups and provide each other with any possible feedback.
Those who finish early, can begin drafting their introduction that narrows to their tentative thesis
Part II: Beginning the Outline: Headings (15 min) 2:20-2:35
Beginning an Outline QUESTIONS AND HEADINGS HANDOUT.
Part III: Sample Paper Outlines (25-30 min) 2:35- 3:05
- Standard Argument
- Problem Solution
- Literature Review
- IMRD (review unit 2)
Considering the types of outlines we have looked at today, begin to draft your outline headings informally today in your notebooks or on a word document. I will be circulating to provide assistance. We will be working on developing this outline and integrating our annotations in the next class.
Homework: Check the syllabus
Supplemental Materials
Compare/Contrast organization patters
No comments:
Post a Comment