(2.5.1) Avoiding Plagiarism I: Paraphrasing
Learning Goals:
Students will learn:
·
Recognize definition(s) of plagiarism and
consequences
·
Identify strategies to avoid plagiarism
·
Learn appropriate paraphrasing rules
[1-3 min] Vocabulary Share
[5 min] Introduction to
Goals/Objectives
Describe learning goals/objectives of the class. Explain how this fits
into the series of classes on plagiarism.
SECTION B1: Finish Handout on SAMPLE LIT REVIEW before staring new lesson. You will read the lit review and try to identify the THREE CARS MOVES.
SECTION D1: Complete UIUC Students Release Forms
SECTION D1: Complete UIUC Students Release Forms
[10-15 min] Plagiarism Survey 2:25-2:40
Students will take self-analysis PLAGIARISM SURVEY online and discuss results as a
class. Please be honest, I will not know who you are.
[20 min] What is Plagiarism? Why
is it an important topic? 2:40-3:00
(Slides 6-10) This lecture/discussion will cover the basics as to what
constitutes as plagiarism and why it should be avoided. We will cover WHAT needs to be cited in the handout INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY. You can follow along for this lecture with in the PLAGIARISM I PPT. I will also test your knowledge on what needs to be cited, by having you take the following test: CITATION TEST
[15 min] Strategies for Avoiding
Plagiarism: Focus on Paraphrasing 3:00-3:15
PARAPHRASING HANDOUT + Exercise
[15 min] Paraphrase Practice
Time Permitting, Writer's Help activity titled, AVOIDING PLAGIARISM IN APA (Activity 4)
Lesson Materials:
PRACTICE PARAPHRASING (Writer's Help Website)
SUPPLEMENTAL:
UIUC VIDEO ON PLAGIARISM
UIUC VIDEO ON PLAGIARISM
No comments:
Post a Comment