4.4 Workshop: Building the Body
Students will learn…
·
· To recognize and
create clear topic sentences with supporting points
·
To organize
their body sections into logical progression of ideas
Warm-Up: Review Annotations + Conferences (20 min)
- CORRECTIONS: ANN BIB
- Sign-Up for CONFERENCES
Part I: Body Paragraphs (5 min)
Discussion Question: What constitutes as a good paragraph? What are the common parts to a paragraph? We will cover a very brief review of this with samples. Please click on the link below to follow along:
CONSTRUCTING BASIC BODY PARAGRAPHS: SAMPLES
Part II: Outlining Workshop (40 min) 2:25-3:05
MANY OF YOU HAVE NOT STARTED drafting. :( For this reason, I will have you work for 55 minutes on building papers from your outlines. I will start with with having you review, independently, the outlines that match your paper topic. Then you should work on your papers. I circulate for
assistance. First please follow these steps:
Step 1: Discuss
within pairs or small groups of three what structure you will be following for
your paper.
Step 2: Review the outline
below that matches your paper format.
Step 3: Work on refining
your outlines structure and headings. If you are past this step, use this time
to work on building body paragraphs that have clear topic sentences with
supporting illustrations.
Part III: Paper
Draft Analysis (15 min) 3:05-3:20
I will be giving you a draft of an student argument
paper that has two versions. You are work in small groups of three to answer
the questions. Please click on the link below:
Optional: We will also take a closer look at one of the body paragraphs
through the following worksheet. Please click on the link :REFUTATION WORKSHEET
Supplemental Materials:
No comments:
Post a Comment