4.5 Introductions and Conclusion + Workshop
Warm-Up: Today’s Focus
Introduce the goals and objectives for the day
Part I: Introductions Lecture (10
min)
We will begin class, with a brief review of the parts common to an introduction.
A distinction will try to be made between IMRD and “Essay” introductions.
Part II: Introductions Workshop (20min)
Bring up your final paper outline/draft. Using the chart provided above
for Introductions, go through your introduction and add any part which you feel
will be needed. Also, work to revise the content you currently have in your introduction. I will circulate to provide assistance
Part III: Conclusions (10 min)
This part will provide a brief overview of the basics to composing a
conclusion/discussion
Part IV: Conclusions/Discussion
Comparisons (20 min)
In this part of today’s class, I will provide a sample discussion/conclusion
section of an IMRD paper and a conclusion paragraph from a past 501 student
essay. I will ask you to read through both of them and try to highlight parts
according to the directions. We will then go over some key similarities/differences
as a class. The lesson will also be followed up by a Chart that tries to make a
more clear distinction between the two types of conclusions.
Part II: Conclusion Workshop (20
min)
Bring up your final paper outline/draft. Using the chart on provided
above for Conclusions/Discussions, go through your conclusion/discussion and add
any part which you feel will be needed. Also, work to revise the content you
currently have. I will circulate to provide assistance.
Lesson Materials
No comments:
Post a Comment