2.1.2 I(L)MRD Introduction Day 2
Lesson objectives:
·
Understand
and identify the main components of an IMRD paper with focus on R & D
·
Understand
the purpose and structure of the Results and Discussion section
·
Analyze
specific section of the Results and Discussion section of an IMRD paper
[5 min] Warm-Up: Vocabulary Share/IMRD
Topic Share (B1)
·
Student
Presents
·
Give
back homework
·
B1
students need to share IMRD topics
[10 min] Part I: Quiz on I and M 2:05-2:15
·
To
be photocopied before class
[25 min] Part II: Lecture on R 2:15-2:40
Go over notes/Main points
Go over notes/Main points
·
Do
reading Activity:
·
Show
students Handout on “Writing About Data” on the course website. We will look the content of the document as well as address pages 78-83 for review of today's content.
# *I highly recommend reading this document if you write about data!
# *I highly recommend reading this document if you write about data!
[15 min] Part III: Lecture on D
2:40-3:05
·
·
Do
reading Activity (see handout) where students get into groups of five and guess the title of the main parts of their section. Each ground should write them on their paper and be prepared to share. I will do the sixth point. - teacher key
Go over notes/Main points
[15 min] Part IV: Move around the Room
mix/match 3:05-3:20
·
Have
students get into four groups and do matching activity at the board.
·
Go
over answers as a class.
Time pending....
[10 min] Part V: Informal Teacher
Feedback
·
Please
take a few minutes to provide me with feedback so I can improve my teaching.
Back-Up Activities:
·
Quiz
Bowl Game
·
Another
IMRD Research Paper Sample
TEACHER NOTE: IN NEXT CLASS STUDENTS NEED TO SUBMIT CLEAN PAPER COPIES TO COMPASS
TEACHER NOTE: IN NEXT CLASS STUDENTS NEED TO SUBMIT CLEAN PAPER COPIES TO COMPASS
Supplementary Materials:
No comments:
Post a Comment